Are you looking for the perfect charcuterie board to share with your family members and friends? If so, there are a lot of options available. You need to think about the quality of the ingredients, the olive oil you use, the board on which you serve it, and the drinks you pair with it! Fortunately, there is a recipe for the perfect charcuterie board! Take a look at the ingredients below, and get ready to wow your family members and friends!
The ingredients required for the perfect charcuterie board include:
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced and crushed
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese, grated finely
- Artisan bread cut into chunks and cubes for accompanying the cheese and dip
- Slices of salami
- Sliced hard cheddar cheese
- Sliced pears
- Sliced apples
- Mozzarella balls
- Cherry tomatoes
The steps to making this recipe include:
- Make the Dipping Oil: The first step is to make the dipping oil. Take out a medium bowl. Then, use a special olive oil spout or olive oil pourer to pour the extra virgin olive oil into the bowl. Go ahead and add the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, rosemary, basil, oregano, and garlic. If you use the right olive oil spout or olive oil pourer, you should have an easier time controlling the amount of olive oil you add to the bowl. After you have whisked together all the ingredients, don’t hesitate to try it to make sure it tastes good! You may want to add some salt and pepper to make it taste better.
- Store the Dipping Oil: Transfer the dipping oil to an airtight container and store it until you are ready to serve it. It should be put in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the Charcuterie Board: Next, you should prepare the charcuterie board. Make sure you leave room in the center for the dipping oil. Scatter the bread chunks around the oil. Spread out the salami, cheese, apples, and pears as well. Make sure youplace a few ingredients on every section of the board. That way, people do not have to reach over other ingredients to get what they’re looking for.
- Add the Rest of the Ingredients: You should still have tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and olives to scatter. Because these are round, they may roll away if you place them directly on the board. You should place them in small bowls. Then, place each bowl on a different section of the charcuterie board.
- Add the Olive Oil: Once you are ready to serve the charcuterie board, take the oil out of the refrigerator and transfer it back into a bowl. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the olive oil dip. Then, place the bowl in the center.
Serve the charcuterie board immediately so that people can enjoy it while fresh!
How To Choose the Right Olive Oil for the Charcuterie Board
If you want to make the best charcuterie board possible, you need to use the right ingredients. This starts with the olive oil, which is the most important part of the board! Some of the most important tips to choose the best olive oil include:
- Buy Extra Virgin: The first thing you need to remember is that you should only use extra virgin olive oil. This does not necessarily guarantee that you have the best olive oil, but it will always be better than plain olive oil and light olive oil.
- Pay Attention to the Bottle: You should only purchase olive oil that is stored in a dark bottle. No matter how nice the label is, olive oil in a clear glass bottle is going to spoil quickly. Light is not compatible with olive oil, so you should only buy olive oil in a dark bottle. Make sure you store your olive oil in a dark place. Then, use an olive oil spout or an olive oil pourer to make it easier to dispense!
- Read the Label: A lot of olive oil labels will be in Spanish or French. Still, you should be able to figure out the use-by date. Pay attention to them, and make sure you do not use or purchase olive oil that has expired.
If you choose the right olive oil, you will have the perfect foundation for a strong charcuterie board!